Feb 25, 2012

Reading.


(I gave him a hair cut shortly after I saw this photo - poor boy was starting to look like his mother no longer loved him.)

Lately, he's all about his Goodnight New York City book. It breaks my heart just a little bit every time. The memories for us on every page! And every night when I'm getting him ready for bed, he looks at the poster in his room & wants me to point at all of the different spots around the city & tell him little stories.

This is where we lived.

This was the park where we played.

This is where your dad worked.

This is where you were born.

This is where your friend Will lives.

etc.

We're taking him this spring for his first visit back to his homeland, & I just really can't wait - although visiting is never, ever, ever the same. 

We'll get over it, someday. Actually, scratch that. I doubt we ever will. That's okay.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Sweet! It's Ok to never get over it Kathryn. NY holds so many firsts for you as a family. Just cherish those memories, and build on them in your new home. They are an amazing part of your life thus far. I'm glad you're keep them very much alive.

Elizabeth said...

Ummm Does it mean I am a bad mom… have you seen Noah's hair. I have heard it takes at least 1 year to get used to a big move. You have such amazing memories and friends in NY I can only imagine you really left family not just friends. You should probably hide the book for a while : ) He is looking soo cute and all grown up! You gave me a NY book for Noah and he still looks and the big building pictures but we didnt live there so It different.