Oct 25, 2006

Guru's Cilantro Lime Pesto Pasta

Guru's is a little place in Provo that I used to eat at frequently while going to BYU. I stumbled upon this recipe on the Food Network website and made this last night for dinner. It was so yummy that I thought I would share. Delicious! Now I just need to find their recipe for Thai Peanut Pasta! Yum! (I would post a picture but... we ate it all!)

1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (do not include stems)
2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds
3 tablespoons chopped, fresh garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 cup shredded asiago, plus an additional 1/2 cup (to top)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chicken broth
8 cups linguini pasta, cooked al dente
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
4 cups pesto sauce
1 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced julienned

Using a blender, mix together the cilantro, olive oil, almonds, garlic, lime juice, 1/2 cup asiago, salt and chicken broth on low speed for 2 minutes. Set aside. In large saucepan combine pasta, cooked chicken and sauce. Heat over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour into serving bowls. Top with remaining asiago and sun-dried tomatoes.

No comments: