Aug 26, 2007

Flip.Flops

I love flip flops. But let's face it- I'm not in Southern California. I'm in NYC, & in NYC we walk. A lot. Oftentimes, an afternoon out doing errands translates into miles on foot. Long distances in falt flip flops = really sore feet. The problem is, I don't always love the look of sneakers with shorts/skirts- & let's face it, if I were concerned only with comfort, I'd be wearing my running shoes everywhere. But I'll admit to oftentimes sacrificing comfort in the spirit of fashion {or at least my meager attempts at it}. I found a good solution- Lululemon's All Day sandals don't leave my feet hurting at the end of the day {city dwellers will understand}. The padding on the inside of the strap prevents blisters. I just picked up a pair yesterday after coveting a friend's for a long time- especially timely after getting re-fitted for running shoes yesterday. The verdict: I have an especially high arch & need extra support & cushion.

Key features:
  • Contoured anatomical footbed to provide full 4 way arch support
  • Molded footbed for maintaining support, comfort and durability
  • Recycled insole board using 70% recycled material
  • Soft upper foot strap for all day use and comfort
  • Flex sole for fluid movement when walking
  • Light weight material for additional comfort

So comfortable. I think I may be leaving my Reef's in the closet more often {although aesthetically, I like them quite a bit}. Oh- & don't worry- I bought black, not turquoise.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

They look very comfortable!

Rae said...

I hear you! My girlfriend has been in town this weekend and yesterday I opted for cute shoes which was a mistake, so today I totally threw fashion out the door and rocked the running shoes (yes, we did a little sightseeing on Sunday, she was only in town for two days.)
Anyway, I'm all about RAINBOWS for flip flops. AMAZING. I'm sure Missy will agree.