Aug 9, 2007

Peace Like a River

Peaceful it was. The entire book felt like a lullaby, or at the very least a long & rhythmic story, like water lapping against the shore. Point being- it was a little slow for my taste, but the themes were beautiful & sweet. Overall, I found it to be a very simple story that was not overly profound, but still meaningful & faith promoting. I had a hard time pushing through it, but was determined to finish it before leaving for the lake tomorrow. I read over 100 pages today, just in time. It doesn't make my top 10, but I'm happy I read it.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is pretty much how I felt. I did like it (the writing, the faith) but not even probably in my top twenty. My mom LOVED it though.

Unknown said...

It is slower. I still haven't finished and I've been at it for months (but that's because I read about 3 or 4 pages before I fall asleep). But I do love the language. And it's a sweet reminder that faith and miracles are real.