Dec 14, 2007

Friday.

I've been busy. Terribly busy, with not a lot of time to blog... or even ideas of what to blog about really. I think my PB&J post may have been one of my saddest. Oh well. Mike was good enough to pick up the slack for a day or so {& isn't he so funny??}. I've just felt absolutely drained for the past two weeks or so of creativity {see title} or interesting thought. Hmm.

I had a dinner here on Wednesday night for work. Loved it {the food, the restaurant, & the people}. I even ate a piece of a pork belly {tastes like bacon}, & a pickled squash {yuck} - I'll try anything once. Then yesterday- we had our holiday offsite & party for work. Tons of fun. I laughed so hard I cried {a few times}. I was the reigning champion {self-titled} of the mini-basketball game. I ate yummy sushi for dinner. It was a good day.

I got home {late} & found my package from Jen on the kitchen counter. A few of us got together & had a favorite things exchange {this time- cosmetics}. So much fun. I love the Stila Convertible Color that Jen included in my package {along with a pack of fun Lip Smackers, & some treats to add to the gluttony of Christmas that is soon to come}. This stuff really is great. I used it this morning- oh so pretty. Thanks, Jen. :)

This weekend - my Dad is in town, for a brief visit {as in, a little over 24 hours I think} & I'm running a quick little race in Central Park. Did I mention that I went running last weekend? For the first time in several weeks? It felt really good, & reminded me of why I love to run. I didn't even mind running around in the mud around the path that circles the reservoir, although I wasn't especially happy that I tracked it all into my apartment. Oops. But I may have already mentioned that. Maybe? In any case- it might be chilly, & I might be exhausted {it starts at 8am}, but it's good to have a reason to get out. I'm excited.

Oh- & we're supposed to get a noreaster this weekend. Should be lovely.

1 comment:

Lula. said...

I LOVE Stila's convertible color. It is probably one of my favorite cosmetic items of all time.