Dec 30, 2007

I'll be back, promise.

December has been my worst blogging month ever. It's not that I haven't been doing anything, but probably that I've been doing everything. Life has been busy & complicated. I've been in Spokane since the 21st, most of that time spent up at the cabin in my pajamas, san makeup, watching it snow {it wouldn't stop}. There were over 20 of us at one point. Loved it. My best friend Alissa got married yesterday, so Friday & Saturday were dedicated to wedding festivities. After the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner on Friday, 3 hours of sleep that night {Alissa & I had a sleepover}, starting the wedding preparations at 6am {think full hair & makeup}, then a full day of pictures, a few fun rides in a Hummer limo, the wedding, & an incredibly fun reception with dinner & dancing {& lots of catch-up conversations, as it was basically a high school reunion}, I'm spent. Oh- & with my Matron of Honor {still hate the word matron, but whatever} duties, I walked down the aisle with the best man {he had to hold me back because I walk way too fast}, I fluffed her dress as I should, held both of our bouquets, provided lip gloss touch-ups as requested, & gave an appropriately witty yet emotional toast at the dinner. I hate microphones. All of this being said- I woke up this morning with a beehive {thanks to massive amount of backcombing with my updo & ripping out my bobbypins & collapsing into bed as soon as I got home}, & feeling like I have a massive hangover. I didn't drink an ounce, but man, my entire body aches.

Anyway- more pictures to come. Back in New York on Tuesday evening, & back to work on Wednesday after what feels like a lifetime away from my city.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow you all look so pretty.. sounds like a fun wedding.

Melissa said...

You and Alissa both look gorgeous! Sounds like a fun, but exhausting wedding! :) The lake sounds so peaceful and relaxing... it is so pretty up there this time of year!! Say hi to your family for me. :)

Unknown said...

Nice new banner!
Good to hear from you!
Hope you get rest and relaxation.. even just a bit before returning to crazy city life.
Can't wait to see more of the cabin and wedding and matron of honor dress.

Happy New Year, Kathryn. Let's talk soon.