Mar 18, 2008

Cuisine.


“Every block of the city is a quintessential definition of the highly diversified New York food culture. Each area is divided as a small village of its own unique flavors and history. The variety of cuisine that the city provides is almost infinite. Starting from Tribeca, Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho, Lower East Side, Meat Packing district, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Gramercy Park, Theater, Lincoln Center, Upper East Side, Harlem, The Bronx, Brooklyn to Queens; New York City will never fail to surprise us with its treasure of cuisines. The answer is in the pride New Yorkers take in saying "ONLY IN NEW YORK"”. -Vikas Khanna
.
I love my job, in part, because I get to enjoy so many great New York City restaurants. Disregarding the sleepiness that often ensues {e.g. today}, I have had some absolutely ridiculous dining experiences in New York City.
.
My most recent favorite: Nobu, which I've been able to go to a few times in the last few weeks {rock shrimp, lots of sushi, wagyu beef... yum}. On Thursday- I'm hosting a dinner at Jean Georges, a 4-star restaurant {per the NY Times}, & one of only a handful of 3-star Michelin restaurants {the highest rating} in the city. I'm a firm believer that dining really can be an experience {one that I enjoy even more when I don't have to pay for it myself}.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The rock shrimp tempura at Nobu is astonishingly good. I can't speak to the sushi, however, since I was pregnant when I went there. But I did see Jessica Simpson (pretty sure that's not really a recommending factor, oh well).

The saddest thing so far about maternity leave has been no fancy meals paid for by someone other than me.

Joanna said...

Lucky you. When I splurge, it's for a $4.79 sandwich, instead of eating for free with the inmates who are here in the Capitol working for us. :)

Kera said...

mmm food :) We went to the Boulevard last night , THANK YOU PHIL & JAN) and we always feel bad for our waiter because we don't order drinks. Good by big tip. They always assume we are watching our calories.

Kellie said...

So jealous.