May 23, 2008

Eww.

There is a seemingly lovely woman I know at work who is in our Compliance Department. She apparently has excellent attention to detail & it's her job to help us keep the rules. However, I've determined that someone needs to lay down a few rules for her.
.
Imagine my horror when I saw her enter a bathroom stall, heard tinkling, heard toilet paper roll, noted that there was a flush, & then proceeded to watch in shock & amazement as she exited the stall & breezed right out the door, probably to the kitchen where she wiped her germy hands all over the refrigerator door & into the drawer full of forks that I use every day. The bigger problem- I've now seen her do this three times- exiting the bathroom without washing her dirty little hands. It's disgusting. I can't loook at her the same way. It gives me the willies.
.
I wash my hands religiously {even when I get home from riding the subway or bus}, & am a foot flusher thanks to Mrs. Jokinen in 4th grade teaching us the horrors of bathroom germs. Clearly, I need to use Purel more often throughout the day to protect me from all of the gross people who have not yet learned the basics of personal hygiene.

5 comments:

Julia said...

That is disgusting. But you already know how I feel about these things. Being married to a complete germ-a-phobe, I wash my hands every time I get home, or into work, and I always wash them before I eat, even if I have been home all day, and I am not toughing any part of my actual food. And the foot flush is a must (don't ever open the door either-- if you can help it).

Elizabeth said...

Thats pretty bad. Maybe you should leave a small bottle of hand sanitizer on her desk or where ever she would see it.

Missy said...

That is so so so nasty. Totally a foot flusher too. Yuck. I'm so grossed out for you.

Tara Edwards said...

I'm a foot flusher, but more a lover of magic toilets. I HATE the little latches on the stalls, I don't like to think about the handles of faucets, and I try to wait for someone else to open the door so I can sneek through without touching the door handles.

Melissa said...

GROSS!