Aug 11, 2008

Carnivores.

I don't think I'll be eating anything except water today.

We took Bryan & Jason out for a Happy Graduation dinner last night at what is undoubtedly the best steak house in New York City. Peter Luger has been around since 1887 & there is no hype to this place. You feel like you're eating in an old lodge without any frills- no fancy napkins or drinks, & the waiters aren't snobby (just a little gruff & rough around the edges). This being said, it's the best steak I've ever, ever had & after three years of "wining & dining" people in New York City for work, I feel like can now truly appreciate just how good this place really is (we went with Tara & Kevin our first year here, & I just think I didn't really get it). Zagat backs me up on this one, giving it a 28 (on a scale of 30, with 28's being virtually unheard of). A meal at this place is definitely worth the trek to Brooklyn.

Anyway. We ate our little hearts out & it was just so much fun to be with Bryan & Jason. We're excited for them to go off to college this fall & will miss having buddies in New Canaan to hang out with. Trips to Utah (skiing, anyone?) will be extra fun this year though, with both Bryan & my brother Andrew there for school. But still - it just sort of feels like it's the end of an era.

We saved room.

6 comments:

Jill said...

thanks for making my mouth water for steak at 11am.

mike's brother looks a lot like him.

Jan said...

Looks like a yummy evening....Bryan looks so very grown up....and handsome, I must say....Kind of like the Princes of Wales.

Lizzie said...

Found your blog and love it. Thanks for watching out for JT at SP. Hope we can hang out soon!

Kera said...

gads that looks good. you have the most appetizing food pictures. how about you telling us the best places in Spokane.

Kristin said...

i love this place. we went there with my family on our last week in NY as a last hurrah. it was delicious!

Sine family said...

Crazy how much he looks like Mike. I'm glad you liked it. Last time we went we had a bad experience and it wasn't so yummy. I think I'll have to go back and make sure and get that dessert.