Nov 16, 2008

Sabbath.


We had a nice Sunday.
.
We went to church, attended the last of the free fall recitals at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine (Chopin, Liszt & chorale- it was amazing), explored Columbia's campus, visited my nice friend Jill, then made a yummy dinner at home. Oh- & did you know that you could fit The Statue of Liberty inside of the Cathedral? Amazing.
.
My mom was magical all day- from soothing a crying baby during Relief Society (I obviously don't have the touch- I'm now dog shopping) to making my stove glisten like it has never, ever glistened before. I'm never cooking on it again.
.
It was warm most of the weekend (in the 60's), but winter came in yesterday & we'll have highs in the 40's for the rest of the week. Brr. Good thing I have a hat. And cute gloves for the really cold days.
.
(Goodbye Mom & Dad. It was lovely, & I'll miss you.)

12 comments:

suz said...

Kathryn, your photos are beautiful! I especially love the one in the church of the windows - just beautiful!

I also really like the one of you and Mike.

Sine family said...

Your parents are so cute. I didn't get nearly enough time to chat with them. Can you please have them come back and we can get to know them better. thanks. cute pic by the way.

PS JJ says he loves you. :)

Jill said...

what a good day! your parents are so cute. and nice. i'm sorry they had to go so soon.

btw i tried on that hat, and it was snug on me. big head? not happy about that.

Lindsey said...

your hat looks cute.

the concert sounds so nice.

fun to have parents visit. I hope mine come soon.

Unknown said...

I'm so sad I didn't get a chance to talk with your parents but so glad you had a nice visit with them.

And just for the record, everyone has "the touch" with their own baby. Really.

Jennifer said...

I like the BW pic of you and Mike. It's christmas card material.

Missy said...

i was just thinking that the last one is totally for your christmas card and then i read jen's comment.

Joanna said...

I love the stained glass and candles! Your pictures are amazing!!!

di said...

hey, you're in big trouble lady! if you are in our backyard (literally) then you have to stop by and get some hot apple cider or at least throw a pebble at our window! :) so glad you had a great time with your parents.

Unknown said...

I love how your blog has become a source of amazing photos! And that of course your life is pretty enough to become art.

I'm glad you got another family visit in!

Caitlin said...

Parent visits are so fun. Wish I could have the Hudsons. Especially your cute mom after all I have heard about her. Looks like you had a blast. Gorgeous photos, you keep getting better and better.

Elizabeth said...

Love the Candle pic.. Very fun I cant wait to see you in January!