Dec 20, 2008

Trinity Church.

Trinity Church is located at the top of Wall Street, just a 2 minute walk from our old apartment in the Financial District. If you've seen National Treasure (one of my dad's favorite movies for some reason - I personally can't stand Nicholas Cage), you'll know that the treasure is buried there. Anyway - I've always found it so beautiful. Today was freezing, & everything was snowy (& icy) thanks to yesterday's storm. My toes were absolutely, positively numb when I took these photos.

I like the control that "M" gives me on my camera (they're all over exposed on purpose), & I like the white-out with the snow, in contrast with the tombstones. I think it's pretty, & I'm sort of pleased that I can do it on purpose.

For someone who hates the idea of getting buried, I sure do like cemeteries. Weird? Oh well.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Beautiful! I love Trinity Church. But I have never been to a concert there ... it's on my "NYC list" of things yet to do.

Heidi said...

Very pretty with the snow!

Lindsey said...

i am not really a nicholas cage fan either, except for the family man. i am a fan of the over-exposed pics. so pretty.

Shaeli said...

I love your photos; you are so very talented. It's probably better that I didn't have a camera....