Jan 26, 2009

Go figure.

It turns out that Mike knows the names of all the jelly bellies - by sight. We have this giant bowl in our entry way right now, but I only eat the ones that look like respectable fruit - normal fruit, like apples, lemons and cherries. I don't like surprises with my jelly beans. I was searching through them the other day trying to find something normal & Mike joined in, snatching one up & saying, Oh! Strawberry Cheesecake!

Excuse me?
.
I sat there & just laughed, because sure enough, he continued to point out the names of various jelly friends. Buttered popcorn (gross), strawberry daiquiri, toasted marshmallow, root beer, etc. He knew them all, & I just had no idea. I love that I learned something totally new about my husband after almost 6 years of knowing him, & as silly as it was, it made me love him even more. Because my husband, who reads The Economist from cover to cover every week, could probably tell the difference between green apple & kiwi. .
.
He's gone all week, after a 4am alarm clock this morning to catch his west-coast bound flight. I'm going to miss our thrice-daily phone calls just to say hi, crowding his (warm) side of the bed, & getting a good night's sleep (I can't sleep alone - it's virtually impossible). I suppose it will be a good week to catch up on all of my books & TiVo. I think I'll watch The Bachelor and Gossip Girl tonight.

8 comments:

Kera said...

Juicy Pear is the BEST jelly belly EVER. Then peach, then Dr. Pepper :)

Lula. said...

Not to brag or anything, but Mike and I should have a face-off. I am pretty sure I can name them all by sight and taste. Isn't it funny when you learn something new about your spouse after so much time?

So sorry that you are home by yourself all week. I DO NOT envy you. I hate sleeping alone.

Jill said...

don't ignore the bright white - coconut - so tasty. and i appreciate your giant bowl, i like to make myself at home there.

Shaeli said...

That is so cute that you just found that out about him... The Harry Potter jelly bellies are the grossest! I wonder if he knows those?

Bachelor is a MUST. For some reason I have never been a viewer of the prior seasons, however, I am an addict now and proud of it. Most of the girls are nuts! How about the awkward kiss with Nikki?

erin said...

what about whitney port, et al. to round out the monday night holy trinity of television programing? if you need someone to help you pass judgment on the bachelor chicks and eat the root beer beans, i'm your girl.

Jill said...

I was going to invite you over tonight for a little Gossip Girl and some pizza...Sean will be at school until late. But it was a re-run! Boo.

Kellie said...

I hope you don't get too lonely! Travel safe Mike.

Lizzie said...

I'm sorry Mike's out of town - it stinks when the hus is out of town! Rent some fun movies & plan fun outings with friends. You are always welcome over here!