Feb 10, 2009

Eating real food that I created with my own two hands is really nice every so often.


I felt like June Cleaver last night, with dinner prepared & ready by the time Mike got home from work, & the table even set. This is generally a rare occurrence around these parts - both the real dinner (vs. something frozen, albeit yummy from Trader Joe's) & the eating-at-the-table-like-proper-adults part (vs. our usual spot on the couch). I made chili & cornbread puddings. Delicious, & so very easy. Mike brought home a cupcake for us to share (of the chocolate variety) & it was a perfectly happy meal.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been trying harder lately too. It feels good. And productive.

Jan said...

Sounds ever so yummy. Chili is easy, good for you, and quite an all around fantastic comfort food. With a great cornbead, fantastic.

Lindsey said...

I actually really like oh happy day recipes (when she posts them). i always make the food network tomato basil soup she posted last year.

the chili and cornbread sounds so good!

Jill said...

way to go! chili and cornbread is a yummy combo. ill have to try that recipe some time.

Heidi said...

we had chili and cornbread on Sunday. One of my favorite combos. The chili I make is similar except I use ground turkey instead. and no celery. and I drown it in cheese once I serve it because I like it all melty.

Lula. said...

I don't know what it is, but it is such a good feeling to make dinner, then sit down together to eat it.

I must try those recipes.

...and I want a chocolate cupcake.

erin said...

delightful. but it's important not to pull out those kind of nights very often... then they get these unrealistic expectations.

Missy said...

I actually have that chili on my menu this week. It's such a good one right? And so easy. I like easy + good meals.

Jill said...

on a random thursday when brad and i were engaged, we went to his parents house, his mom was pulling a full turkey out of the oven.

"you know i won't be doing that right?"

chelsea mckell said...

Wait…. so you’re saying there’s something improper about eating frozen dinners on the couch? Shoot.