Mar 22, 2009

Kitchen Sunday (because that's where I spent most of my afternoon).


Garlic, cilantro, tomatillos, buttermilk, lots of cilantro (I love cilantro)... & mayonnaise. I truly despise mayonnaise, but today it was a necessary evil.

And then we (I) baked, & felt that it was important to use mostly Cadbury chocolate vs. straight Hershey's. It turns out that was a very excellent decision.



It was messy, but delicious. The missionaries said it was the best meal they've ever had in NYC. That they'd write home about it. They had thirds, so we sent them home with most of the leftovers. 

I was tickled pink.

6 comments:

PJ and Julie said...

so fun! I don't dare feed the missionaries...I'm scared that they'll write home about my meal too...but not in a good way!

Missy said...

I'm totally making that dessert next time we have the missionaries. Yum.

Lindsey said...

That dessert does look amazing. I need to see where i can find the marshmellow fluff thing here.

Jill said...

wow! that does look heavenly.

i've been wondering about 'veganaise' since i read about it on goop. its a replacement for mayonnaise and it is made from oil, apple cider vinegar, brown rice syrup, soy protein, salt, lemon juice, and mustard. i'm going to give it a test run.

Kera said...

this is inspiring :)
ps : did you like the mascara at all? I am dying about the Sf marathon . . . I want to say they charged my card last year and then refunded it back . . . LAME.

Jill said...

I'm glad you are making good use of that recipe :) Looks yummy, way to go Betty.