Mar 22, 2009

Let's try this one more time.


Last week's menu was a total bust. 

It was just one of those weeks, & I have no shame in being honest. I didn't go grocery shopping the first Saturday night like I had planned because I was so tired. When I finally did go, I ended up not using half of what I bought (e.e. the fresh meat & herbs that ended up in the trash, intended for the meatballs that I never quite got around to making). So many things just came up. Mike worked late. I unexpectedly had dinner with a group of (girl) friends. I almost lit the apartment on fire with burning chocolate (I don't bake). We ended up going to New Canaan Thursday night through Saturday morning for a quick trip to the 'burbs. I did make the Southern Living Chicken Enchiladas (Mike always loves them) but they were the extent of my culinary creations. Pathetic, right? At least I'm honest. The rest of our meals consisted of a) leftovers b) out or c) scavenging. 

Anyway. Point being, this week will consist of repeats & adjusted expectations. 
  • Sunday: Cafe Rio with all the trimmings (yes, again) with the missionaries from our church. They requested it, & we'll deliver. I'll make S'More Bars, too. They're yummy & easy.
  • Monday: I'm thinking leftovers, depending on the appetites of said missionaries. 
  • Tuesday: Greek Stuffed Peppers
  • Wednesday: Parmesan-Herb Crusted Salmon with sweet corn & salad.
  • Thursday: Out.
  • Friday: Mike has a bachelor party which means that I will likely be found on the couch with a bowl of cereal. Erin introduced me to Honey Nut Shredded Wheat. It's my new favorite.
  • Saturday: Spaghetti with mini-meatballs + salad (an excellent choice for a Saturday since we might just end up going out [maybe to the new Argentine place in our neighborhood?], & these will be made & frozen ahead of time).
  • Sunday: Turkey Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes + brown sugar steamed carrots. 
Wish me luck. 

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Thank you for posting this, I was just thinking that I needed to make a menu for this week. Good luck!!

Heidi said...

This always happens to me! I don't feel bad though if something else comes up, I actually get a little excited because then the planned meal gets pushed back to the next week and I have a place to start when planning time comes around again.

Lindsey said...

i am the same as heidi. i love when i get to push my menu back a few days or to the next week.

that image is great.

erin said...

godspeed, friend. let's eat shredded wheat together on friday and then have something hot and chocolatey later.