Apr 28, 2009

4.

 
Last night was our pre-anniversary celebration. We got married on April 30th (2005), but since we'll be somewhere between New York & Orlando on Thursday night, we decided to observe last night instead.

I wore my gold shoes, because gold shoes are fancy & our fourth anniversary is sort of a fancy event, right? 

We ate at Gramercy Tavern. I let Mike know that it's officially my new favorite restaurant. EVER. On the planet.

(This should be no surprise, given that Gramercy Tavern is run by Danny Meyer's restaurant group, which also runs Blue Smoke, Union Square Cafe & Shake Shack among others - all some of our favorites.)

We were at a nicer Italian restaurant a few weekends ago & watched an older couple walk up to the maitre d', who said Do you want your usual table tonight? I want a usual table at Gramercy Tavern. Oh my gosh. If only money grew on trees. I wish, I wish it did. 

Dinner was wonderful. The Pinot Noir juice that Emma recommended was the best grape juice I've ever had & made me feel especially fancy. We ended up sharing three desserts between the two of us (one on the house - our waiter was wonderful), plus a box of small treats on the house to take home. And two muffins, for breakfast the next morning. Just because they're nice like that. 

The sad news is that it was sort of the kind of place where I would have felt a little silly taking out my massive camera & taking photos of my food. So I didn't, even though I really, really wanted to. It was so pretty. 

Happy almost-anniversary to my love. It's funny to think that four years ago we were getting ready to move to Delaware (!). Thank goodness that never happened!

12 comments:

Jill said...

really!? THAT amazing? i'm so glad. i think i'll put it on our 4 year anniversary plans for june.

i bet it was kind of nice to enjoy an evening sans camera.

happy almost anniversary!

Katie M said...

Hey, lurker here from the Inwood ward.

I've heard great things about Gramercy Tavern but you made me want to go even more! Congrats on the anniversary...

Heidi said...

I don't know the Delaware story- do tell!

Lizzie said...

Happy Anniversary! Our's is today, we are celebrating two years. I love love.

suz said...

love the gold shoes! Happy Anniversary.

patrick said...

your feet look like you've got an extra toe tucked between your big toe and your index finger toe.
:)

erin said...

delaware? ...why? i thought only quakers and lib granolas lived in delaware. you are most certainly neither.

k. said...

Delaware = Mike's original offer with Citi. We were almost ready to sign a lease on a "really small" 1,000 square foot apartment when he got a call, on our honeymoon, about the NYC offer.

Delaware vs. NYC.

Hmm.

Things always have a way of working themselves out I guess. :)

Jennifer said...

Vacationing on the Delaware shore = cool. Living in Delaware = Lame. Glad you got the NYC call.

Kellie said...

Happy Anniversary! What is going on in Orlando?! I want your life - fabulous days of leisure in NYC and monthly travel....

Missy said...

I was going to say the same thing as Jen. I LOVED Rehoboth beach. But, we were there for a week long vacation. I don't know how I would LIVE there (especially through winters). So glad you guys are in NYC:)

Happy 4th! Congrats.

Kera said...

happy 4th. i want to wear some fun shoes and go somewhere fancy.

did you get the apartment?