Oct 30, 2009

Pullin' one over on K-Dub



Kathryn from a distance, waiting with a friend for Shake Shack to open.




Me, lurking around the Shake Shack entrance... Kathryn is inside, being lured to the restaurant's basement seating area.




Peering through the window... as most New Yorkers do on a nightly basis. She's still in line for food.




Friends start arriving...




More friends arrive...




All present and accounted for... lock and load!




Sending friends down the stairs in staggered pairs, all of whom acted like it was a total coincidence that they were running in to Kathryn and the rest. She was thoroughly confused.




The finale! Happy Birthday!




Mormons letting their hair down, NYC style. Pass the green jello and funeral potatoes!




Portrait of a woman overcome with confusion and affection. Love you K-Dub!

-Mike

11 comments:

Unknown said...

nice work, mike! that was fun to watch.

happy birthday kathryn!

k. said...

Okay MW, I really love that you documented all of my friends like this. Love, love, love it. And that you did this in the first place, obviously. Best day ever. xoxo

(And Mike promises me that my voice doesn't normally sound so chipmunk-y.)

erin said...

fox's favorite video was the one when mike smiles at the end. so basically all of them. :) "mack!! mack!!"

happy birthday k! nice work, mike!

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

so well executed mike! She was so funny downstairs as people kept trailing in...

Kera said...

So cute. Happy Birthday Kathryn. I LOVE the video where you smile and then mike smiles. SERIOUSLY so cute.

Jan said...

A man who throws a surprise party like that one is a keeper...a treasure....and certainly uncommonly wonderful. How fun!!! That kind of thing is just the very best!

Lindsey said...

I love it! This was so great... Happy Birthday K! Nice work Mike!

Missy said...

I still need to watch these...but I just looked at all of them and know I am going to LOVE it.

Happy Birthday (yesterday) Kathryn!! I didn't go on a single blog yesterday, boo. Can't wait to go see you "in person" (meaning, watch the videos)

mb said...

HA! I love the documentation!! I wish I could've gone! Working sucks.

Elizabeth said...

Mike this is tied now with saving the camera bag! WAY TO GO!!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Kathryn! You don't look a day over 20!!