Jan 9, 2010

Pop Burger.



It's been a week of relatively healthy eating for us. We've rarely eaten out, I made Missy's squash chicken (again), we've consumed lots of fruits & vegetables, & have almost worked our way through our shared with the Burtons yet still-massive Costco bag of spinach. Perhaps this explains why we thought it was a good idea to grab a 9:30pm snack at Pop Burger Thursday night (after said meal of squash chicken + a spinach salad with lots of chopped veggies). We were in the neighborhood after finishing a class at the 5th Avenue Apple store. It was only a block away. Why not? An order of fries + a black & white shake? Sure. No problem.

(Maybe this is why my run yesterday felt so heavy. Ugh.)

I think Pop Burger's fries are the very best, but I think I've said all of this before. They're extra-battered & the dipping sauce is perfectly spicy.

I'm back to eating (not-fried) vegetables today.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting. I walk by there all the time now and have wondered if it's any good. The fries do look delicious. Have you ever tried the burgers?

k. said...

The burgers... they're good. They're small, which makes me feel better about eating them, but they certainly aren't Shake Shack. But I'd eat a burger (& shake?) just for a reasonable excuse to eat the fries.

Julie said...

We went there when we first visited the city. The fries are amazing. I got the strawberry shake.

Jill said...

I can't see the picture of the fries. I'm pretty upset about it. Sounds good though!

laurel said...

Kathryn, we went to Stand4 last night and loved it. The toasted marshmallow shake was to die for. Thanks for originally recommending it!

Missy said...

Suddenly I really want french fries. I love french fries, even stale hospital ones that I ate this past week. Of course the ones pictured above look much tastier.

Anonymous said...

Uh, those fries look amazing. French fries are my weakness.