Feb 10, 2010

In Utah.



We're staying with (Mike's) Grandma Lora in Mapleton while we're here in Utah. She's one of those no-nonsense salt of the earth people, & I just love her. We sit together in the morning, eating our cheerios & drinking our juice, & we talk about life. Meanwhile, THOSE MOUNTAINS are right outside of the window. I like it.

I got in late Sunday night. Mike has been busy snowboarding (& working) & I've been busy seeing friends (in SLC & Park City) & spending time with my family that is here for the wedding. The final few come tomorrow & Thursday - the first time we've all been together in several years - & official wedding festivities kicking off on Friday. Fun.

(For the record - Pizza 712. Hmm. We thought it was okay. Sorry to everyone who is obsessed with it. Red Iguana was really amazing. Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes were a delicious treat this afternoon [we sampled a half-dozen] & I think I'll go back for seconds before I leave, especially the Strawberry Shortcake & VaNIElla varieties. Guru's sweet potato fries made me really happy. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions, friends. We're slowly but surely making our way through the list.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kathryn! Funny little thing, I just noticed Joanna's invite on my in-laws fridge. Apparently my bro-in-law (Dave) is best buds with you're new bro-in-law. Small world eh?
Good luck today! I hope it as beautiful as ever. Can't wait to see some pics.

Jennifer said...

Where are you? Did Utah kidnap you? Come back.