Apr 10, 2010

Happy two-nine.


Fox was at Bubby's with us (+ his parents & Mike's other nice friends) this morning & he had his first experience with the photobooth. When it was our turn, he ran into the booth & kept saying, Khaki! Mike! Money! Khaki! Mike! Money! Cheese! over & over again until I propped him up on Mike's lap & he put the bills into the machine. How could we say no? So he joined in, & that was just fine by us. Plus, look how well he performed? Love him. We might just keep him when Erin & Matt say See you very soon & very often! (i.e. not goodbye) at the end of May.

So, with that introduction of just how much his friends (big & small) & I love him, Happy Birthday to Mike. He's among the most particular people I know, so the fact that he decided to marry me is sometimes just astonishing - but I'm lucky that he did, & more  grateful for that event (& all of the subsequent experiences, challenges, & happiness) every day. This month marks 5 years of adventures in matrimony, & this year is bringing even more - with more variety & challenges, I'm sure. But it's so fun to do it all with him! I can't wait.  

(For the record - the birthday dinner this year consisted of burgers + great desserts at DBGB Kitchen & Bar. I suppose it's technically a French restaurant, but they're known for their burgers & since Mike is a burger guy, that's what we ordered. Yum.)

8 comments:

Corinne said...

Happy late birthday to Mike. Sorry we missed it!!

erin said...

those pictures are fox's new favorite thing. thanks for being born, mike... we had fun today.

Anonymous said...

funny! my hubby's bday & our anniversary fall during the same month too :] it makes for a busy june.

but like you, i'm very happy & thankful he chose me. congrats to your hubby on his 29th & to you both on your 5!

Jill said...

so cute. fox is such a little ham. i love it. looks like you guys had a good time at bubby's. sorry we missed it.

happy birthday to mike!

Morgan said...

Happy belated birthday to Mike! I hope that he had a wonderful day.

Adorable pictures:)

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

MIke is quite good at photoboothing. I bet he's got many more faces to pull...

Kera said...

happy birthday mike... sorry were were m.i.a. yesterday! sounds like it was a lovely one!

noelle said...

i love these photobooth photos so much. sweet fox. mike, we don't actually know each other (neither do we, kathryn, though i really feel like we do, is it just me?), but happy birthday. you are a lucky man.