Jan 8, 2011

Saturday in Stripes.

We took a family field trip to Soho today, & had a little photo shoot with Q before we headed out the door. We cannot get over this child (or his cheeks!), nor can we even get close to adequately describing how excited we are about him every day. He's just fun. Really, really fun & happy & just a wonderful little boy.

In Soho: We ate tacos at La Esquina. Sampled chocolates & macaroons at Kee's Chocolate. Tried out the hot chocolate at Maribelle's (so-so), & window shopped until I decided my toes were freezing off.

(I remember how much I despise winter.)

Quinn slept through all of this, of course - warm & snuggly in his down suit that Mike gifted him for Christmas - perfect for this weekend & the upcoming frigid weather.

Tonight - Mike took care of the care & feeding of our son, & I ran across the street for a manicure, neck + back massage (breastfeeding might be the death of my back), with a little brow waxing to polish things off. It's been a while, & I told Mike that this needs to be a weekly monthly ritual. My body needed a little R&R. Speaking of which, so do my boobs. Or at least a nice new push up + padded bra when this breastfeeding business is over. I fear that the girls have gone the way of empty water balloons. Next summer & bathing suit season should be really interesting. 










And, behind the scenes just for fun:

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

love the video!

i remember 4 months being one of my favorite ages.

his cheeks are perfect! oh man, i'm getting baby hungry...

erin said...

fox is very confused. "what baby did kathryn had?"

i see k looking back at me.

i want to cry. he'll be 14 before i meet him.

erin said...

and on round two of the video, i saw your yellow pillow. i have it in green. we are friends.

Unknown said...

stripes are great.. but the entire outfit in stripes is so much better. I love this "series"!

your pictures of the La Esquina corn looked so good. sounds like you had a great Saturday..

(and yes. bathsuit shopping gets complicated after nursing. the padding is essential for me- and more for things being stretched rather than shrunken, although that's TRUE too. fun.)

Melissa said...

Kathryn, he is getting so CUTE! Love the picture!

Jill said...

i love the outfit. these pictures are the best.

ellen said...

that. kid. is. cute.

Bri said...

His eyes are amazing! I can't get over it. They look like those swirly colored marbles....you know the ones I'm talking about, right?

Anyway. He's perfection.

Judy said...

Quinn is so adorable! I always look to see if you've posted new photos of him! Love the stripes!

Missy said...

That video was really just super fun. To actually seem him moving and looking around and those cheeks! Loved it (and the photos!!)