Oct 3, 2011

Remember when Q turned one?

It's October?! Seriously?! I can't keep up on my life. I mean, it's not like I'm dealing with any major problems right now, but we're busy. And things keep happening! Good things like friend Caitlin being in town much of last week (so fun!), & bad things like our brand new fancy bed falling apart (the good news is that they're making us a new bed - the bad news is that it will be here mid-December). I just feel like I'm always kicking, kicking, kicking to stay afloat. And now, I'm in Dallas! With Erin. Hooray for cars & an easy drive from Houston this morning. Sweet relief from a month that will be full of a traveling husband (after traveling most of last month, too).

So. Quinn turned one! Like 2 weeks ago, so of course it makes sense that I'm posting photos of the party now (more here).

A happy day! Although he was much happier opening his gifts (from our kind + thoughtful friends - he seriously got the sweetest presents) than he was eating his really, really delicious chocolate cake.

























7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my that one of him crying with his birthday hat on has me rolling on the floor. TOo funny. Why was he so sad?

noelle said...

groovy party, k. makes me smile just remembering it. also, i'm glad you included one shot of makenna in the background hogging quinn's BRAND NEW ladybug. i hope it survived after we left. have fun with erinita. i'm going to send you guys a link to this woodlands marathon/half marathon race. WE'RE DOING IT!!!

Aaron + Kayti said...

my favorite are the big tear among all the partying. the party looked fabulous & your one year old is just the most darling!

Missy said...

that one focused on q with his blocks while the little girl is on the ladybug and the other is getting her hair done...priceless. my favorite. happy day to q and you!

erin said...

let's have a party once a month. that was fun, and the food was amazing. these are great photos. good work to you and noe. video soon. promise.

Whitney said...

Such pretty photos of a happy, happy day!

I love Q's new ladybug friend. :)

Meg said...

Happy Birthday, Q! Wish I could have teleported myself to the birthday party.. if only to have a slice of that amazing looking cake!

And ps, that sweet little girl's pigtails at the end are killing me. So, so cute.