Nov 17, 2011

Almost Friday.



The only redeeming quality of this day was that Q's chair for his nursery was finally delivered. Perfect for story time! I'm happy. 

Q screamed basically all day (except for a brief respite, where I quickly grabbed my camera & snapped this photo) - & demanded to be held, but didn't want to be held, which meant that we went through an exhausting pick up / put down cycle all day long. Seriously, it was all day. He'd thrash in my arms when I held him, so I'd set him on the floor - only to have him scream & climb onto my lap again. And repeat. His (essential) morning nap never happened, & his afternoon-ish nap was far too short. I went through my entire repertoire of mood-appropriate songs, carried him around the pond at the park, pushed him on the swings, read stories, tried a dozen or so food options, shushed & hushed & bounced & swayed, administered baby-appropriate medicine, tried my very best to comfort him & basically had no luck making him feel any better whatsoever.

Hell hath no fury like a sweet little boy who has molars trying to poke through his gums.

It was a long day, & I am tired exhausted, & I cannot wait for my husband to get home from New York City. 

(Speaking of New York - I looked at my book that friends wrote in before we left, & I cried. I'm homesick.)

Happy things: It's almost Friday, which means that I almost have a husband at home. The Container Store opens in The Woodlands on Saturday, & I love The Container Store (it's in my Top 5 of happy places, I think). There is a honey almond candle next to my bed & it smells absolutely lovely. I have lots of yummy recipes for Thanksgiving next week, & our Texas pecan pie gets delivered tomorrow (it's amazing - our friend Dustin gave us one as a welcome gift when we were house shopping last summer).

Life really is good! But today was super gross, I'm so happy to be climbing into my bed & closing my eyes in approximately 7 seconds.

No comments: