Jun 27, 2012

A chocolate malt.

Yesterday, we went to the library for a Dinosaur George presentation (& I got my first library card in probably over 2 decades!). Q sat in my lap to watch amongst a sea of other children. He lasted a solid 90 seconds before there were more interesting things to do than hear about dinosaur bones. Eventually, I lost the wrestling match & we headed to Potbelly's for lunch. Since Q is basically surviving on a diet of quesadillas & other forms of cheese & carbs (I try, I really do), I switched things up & gave him a bit of my chocolate malt - & then never got it back. He drank the whole. entire. thing. 

He's in a kisses phase. He gave me one on the cheek & two on the lips before walking into Trader Joe's this afternoon. It's so sweet. 

My mom taught him to say night, night while she was with him during our trip to Hawaii. When we're done reading stories & singing our songs before it's time for a snooze (nap or night), his sweet little voice says night, night (more like nigh, nigh) without any prompting. I love it.

He pats my belly every so often (& kicks it during diaper changes, eek!). 

He likes to snuggle every morning when he wakes up in the cozy chair in his room. Donkey & Puppy are always included.

We swam for a few hours this morning (he climbed all the way up the rope netting / ladder in the middle of the pool all by himself!!), & then had lunch poolside. He disected his grilled cheese sandwich piece by piece, pulling out all of the cheese - but not before eating an entire bag of SunChips all by himself. Progress? 

He's obsessed with his Goodnight New York book, can point out all of the animals on the last page of Brown Bear, & loves the three singing pigs in Moo Baa La La La

He is a perfect mix of feisty & sweet. I wouldn't have it any other way. 
 

1 comment:

Meg said...

Love that last one. "Here Mom, you can have the last sip!"