Sep 15, 2012

Catching frogs with Grandma.

We picked up my mom at the airport Thursday afternoon. Q took one look at her, smiled, & then squealed. He basically didn't stop doing a happy dance (complete with flirty head tilts & shoulder shimmies!) all afternoon. I love that he's older & remembers now. He loves his Grandma. 

Yesterday, my mom let me have some quality alone time to get some things done (announcement envelopes are finished - just need an actual baby so we can print the announcements with the important details & such*). Q had taken an extra-short nap & woke up basically hating the world - with dark circles to prove it. Grandma took him across the street to the park, from which he returned totally covered in dirt - & much, much happier.  

I ran outside with my camera to take a few photos of them walking home & caught a really fun (& hilarious) scene instead. Q showed off his astonishing attention to detail by spotting & picking up a frog in our grass & handing it to my sweet mother (she thought it was a clump of dirt). She shrieked, he got a little scared, & then they both examined their new little friend together. They spent the next few minutes catching frogs (hand sanitizer! hand sanitizer!!) & giggling. Q may have broken one sweet little frog's rear leg - he's still practicing being gentle with small animals. Hopefully infants are a bit more durable.

*I may have a bit of mental illness. I'm not ashamed.
 
Photoshop gave Q a quick little bath...

1 comment:

erin said...

eyelashes and dirt. i hope that ends up on your photo wall.

i may have thought about all sorts of bacterial diseases upon first mention of frogs.