Mar 4, 2013

The zoo with Grandma.


A few things to remember about today. 

We went out to lunch, and at the last minute, ended up driving together downtown for an appointment (vs. leaving my mom and Quinn at home). We were circling around Hermann Park when my mom asked if Quinn would want to go to the zoo. 

No way, I said. He has no idea we're so close. Not fifteen seconds later he was yelling, Ride choo choo! Ride choo choo!! from the back seat. Smart, smart boy. 

I had time to spare, so I dropped them off at the zoo while West & I headed to the doctor's office. When I came back an hour and a half later, Quinn was refusing to let go of his new little red train, covered in dirt and chocolate (thanks to some serious playing & sharing an ice cream sandwich with Grandma), & so tired. A perfect afternoon for this little boy. 

My mom told me a sweet story. She took the train from Quinn and tucked it away while he was playing near the lake. A few minutes later he was worried and looking for it. When she pulled it out and gave it back to him he sighed and said, Oh! So happy! This boy loves his trains and loves his Grandma - he  basically hasn't left her side since she arrived.

(I stole these photos off of my mom's phone. I'm so sad I wasn't there to take real photos of their TWO train rides. We plan on going back later this week to explore the zoo and take some more laps around the park on the train.) 


1 comment:

Missy said...

Look at those big dark eyes he has! Does Q transfer well to his crib? He looks like he is out in that last photo!