Oct 5, 2006

Books.

I decided this summer that I was not reading as much as I should, and proceeded to compile a list of books I aspired to read. Although I was a little naive about the hours I would be spending at my new job, I still managed to get through some great books. I'll list some of my favorites that I've read over the past year or so...
  • Breath, Eyes, Memory: Edwidge Danticat
  • The Kite Runner: Khaled Hossein
  • Marley & Me: John Grogan
  • His Needs, Her Needs: Willard F. Harley
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime: Mark Haddon
  • The Devil Wears Prada: Lauren Weisberger
  • Wicked: Gregory Maguire
  • The Namesake: Jumpa Lahir
  • The Secret Life of Bees: Sue Monk Kidd
  • The Killer Angels: Michael Shaara
  • Charms for the Easy Life: Kaye Gibbons
  • Blink: Malcom Gladwell
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter: Kim Edwards
  • My Sister’s Keeper: Jodi Piccoult

Books waiting to be read:

  • Cannery Row: Steinbeck
  • The Sun Also Rises: Hemingway
  • Rough Stone Rolling: Richard Lyman Bushman
  • Jesus the Chris: Talmage
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn: Betty Smith
  • American Gospel: John Meachum
  • The Other Boleyn Girl: Philip Gregory
  • The Good Earth: Pearl S. Buck
  • I Capture the Castle: Dodie Smith

Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime? I almost bought that during my last trip to Borders.

k. said...

I LOVED it. It was one of my favorite books that I have read in a long time. It is strange, perhaps, but I loved its uniqueness and odd style. I recommended it to a friend who thought it was the most ridiculous book she had ever read... but I think you would love it. :)