Oct 1, 2006

Weekend With Mom Hudson.











My mom came to visit us this weekend. Hooray! She came in Thursday night just as I was starting to make dinner. I was glad that she was there, because my first experience with fillo dough was proving to be a little tricky. I made Chipotle Chicken rolls with avocado dipping sauce. Yum! I love Rachel Ray. But I digress- We had a good time having mother/daughter time for a few hours until Mike got home from institute. Jeanne spent the night with us, and she and my mom were able to spend the day together on Friday, going to see the Bodies Exhibit and the Met.











Saturday night we went to Ruby Foo's for some sushi (thanks to Kellie for the recommendation). Mike was brave and tried a few pieces. I was very proud of him, although I just can't seem to make him like it. :) Oh well. Anyway- the food was delicious and I think that we all left with happy tummys.











Fillet mignon, Thai beef, shittake mushroom, crab and spicy salmon... They serve it with three different kinds of dipping sauces, including cilantro. Yum! Afterwards, my mom & I went to Gershwin Theater to see "Wicked", while Mike went off to church to watch conference with the rest of the boys. My mom loved Wicked, and I was happy to see it again. The music and set are absolutely incredible.











Today was spent watching conference on our 13-inch laptop. As you can see, the morning session had Mike and mom completely enthralled. Mike's star burst statue was especially difficult to build given the uneven base of the couch.














Magnificent! (It fell over a few seconds later)

No comments: