Jan 13, 2007

Saturday.

I decided this week that it would be so nice to be in preschool. I would love to have recess, arts & crafts hour, and an afternoon nap at 2:00 each day, complete with a juice box and a soft blanket. Green beans and mac 'n cheese for lunch would be lovely (or, my favorite, spagghetti-o's). Thus far, I am not sold on this 12-hour a day work thing. This week was long, and I am tired. We were supposed to go to a concert at Carnegie Hall last night, but once I got home from work I could barely get off the couch. I was asleep by 10:00. So much for an exciting weekend.

Today has been nice. We woke up relatively early and got in a few episodes of Lost (our new addiction) before doing a massive amount of laundry and going to the gym. We headed uptown a bit later where I enjoyed some pampering at Sephora (got my eyebrows done- I feel much better) and Mike returned some Christmas gifts. We grabbed one of my favorite delicacies for lunch on the corner of 55th and Park (literally)- Falafel. I love it. :) Mike had never had it before, but fried chickpeas is one of my favorite food groups! We walked up and down 5th Avenue enjoying the warm winter day & the lack of Christmas crowds that finally seem to have dissapated. Our celebrity sighting of the day came as I was walking into Henri Bendel. Nina Garcia (a judge on Project Runway) walked out just as I walked in. Of course, I did not see this as I was too focused on getting to the MAC counter and getting the eye shadow I wanted. Mike saw, and pointed out that she looked like someone who was waiting to be noticed. Too bad I was too oblivious! Oh well.
We finished off our day of walking by heading to Union Square where we perused the farmer's market, drank hot apple cider and searched for walnuts at Whole Foods for the dessert I am making tomorrow night. Our feet hurt & we are tired, but it was a nice relaxing day with no commitments or responsibilities. I bought a podometer a few weeks ago for days just like this. I'm curious how far we walk in the city. Of course, I left it home this morning still in the packaging.

In other news, we finally booked tickets to go out to Utah for a ski weekend in March. We'll be out there over the weekend of the 23rd. Anyone want to play? I'm looking forward to the tomato bisque soup at Macaroni Grill, fresh mountain air and breakfast at Magleby's Fresh. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let us know when you are here! you're welcome to stay with us...or if you want a luxurious stay, maybe Brad can work something out at Hotel Park City. Let us know!

k. said...

I will be there the 22nd through the 25th. I'm so excited. We will most definitely make a trip to Midway to see our friends & the beautiful mountains. Mike is excited to snowboard and I am excited to see my friends & sister. Let's plan on getting together on Saturday at some point?