Feb 7, 2007

Back.

Yup. I'm back in Philadelphia. It was nice of the hotel to remember...


We went to The Continental for dinner tonight. I can't even explain what the place was like... It looks like a diner, but Macaroni and Cheese is $20 and apparently the bar is "the" place to be. Some of the chairs are actually swings, and our bench seats actually rocked back and forth like a porch swing. The bathroom sports a 2-way mirror. Interesting... Their tapas menu was extremely eclectic, as was represented by our selection for dinner: Lobster Mac 'n Cheese, Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla, Spicy Tuna Avocado Rolls, and Thai Lettuce Wraps. We had a chocolate tart and strawberry-basil (yes, basil) shortcake for desesrt.
My tummy hurts.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I love that they wrote Welcome Back. Classic.

The menu sounds interesting. I don't like to mix foods that don't "go" together. You know? There are certain foods that you eat together and I can't cross those boundaries when eating.

But...it all sounds tasty.

k. said...

I am with you. I don't like mixing genres of food either. Unfortunately, my opinionated colleague who I was travelling with does not feel the same. I would have LOVED to have gone back to Tequila's- my food heaven. Oh well.

Strawberry shortcake is probably my favorite dessert. This being said, I do not like strawberry shortcake that tastes my favorite basil-prociutto lasagna recipe.