Feb 9, 2007

Friday.


I made it home last night 3 minutes after The Office started. I think I'm getting too emotionally involved with Pam & Jim. Why don't they see?! They love each other!! They looked at each other, they knew, and Pam STILL left with Roy! What is she thinking?! I think that NBC will be stringing us along for the rest of the season, at least. In the meantime, I am frustrated. At 9:00... Grey's Anatomy proved to be (almost) equally frustrating. I thought it was a stupid episode, which was a letdown as I love visiting Seattle Grace on Thursday nights. The ending was dumb. As if Meredith will die from falling in the water. I'm sure she knows how to swim! The middle was dumb. Why do Dr. Montgomery and Dr. Karev keep staring at each other!? I can't take it any more! Even the music was a letdown. I'm always downloading my new favorite songs on Thursday nights. No luck last night. I'll remain loyal though. I love George, by the way. I loved it last week when he walked in with Callie and said, "We're married!" like he was going to throw up at any moment. I love the friendship between Meredith and Christina- I love how they are so candid with each other. I think I need a friend like this.


My work building caught on fire tonight. Just a small one I think, but large enough that my floor was filling with smoke and we were all getting pretty nervous. It turned out that the fire was a few floors below us. By the time I got down to the lobby the building was surrounded by fire trucks and firemen filling into the building. It wasn't a huge deal (they let me take the elevator- this was perhaps I bad idea, but faster than walking down 16 floors)... but I was happy to have the excuse to come home on a Friday night at 8:00 pm instead of the 10:00 pm I was planning on.

On the agenda for this weekend: Tonight, a birthday party at a karaoke bar with friends (doesn't start until 10pm), tomorrow my monthly brunch with my friend Allison, and a Valentine's date with Mike in the evening. The 14th is going to be a late night at work, so we're taking care of it early. Should be fun (especially the part about sleeping in tomorrow morning and not working for 16 hours).

No comments: