Feb 19, 2007

President's Day

We visited the top of the rock (Rockefeller Center, that is). The views were spectacular and the lack of crowds a huge improvement over the Empire State Building. I will never go back there (34th Street) again.

Here we are imagining the hundreds of people waiting in line for the Empire State building while we walk around an almost-empty observation deck with perfectly unobstructed views. No complaints here. It was lovely.

Downtown (our neighborhood).

Mike looks like a North Face ad. He isn't always so coordinated.


This was my (very large) lunch. We finally tried out Corner Bistro a bar/restaurant that Mike has always wanted to try. The burgers had quite the reputation, but I think we've decided that Shake Shack still wins hands down (supported by the fact that I can actually fit a Shack burger in my mouth!).

St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Avenue. It's the largest cathedral in the United States. I like observing the different ways that people worship; our plain LDS chapel that we go to each Sunday in Chelsea in contrast to this huge, ornate cathedral. One of the most profound sights I have seen since living in Manhattan was seeing a Muslim man kneel down on his mat on a street corner on Canal Street facing east to say his prayers. I like this city and the religious diversity it has. In the end, it makes me appreciate the connectivity between all of us.

We saw The Producers on Saturday. I know. I already said this. But here's proof! Thanks to TKTS for half-off tickets.

No comments: