Mar 16, 2007

Forecast: March 16th

Ice pellets [ice pellets?!]. Snow and sleet changing to freezing rain and sleet this evening...then slowly tapering off after midnight. Precipitation may be heavy at times. Total snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Ice accumulation of up to one half of an inch. Brisk and cold with lows in the mid 20s. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
.

Are you kidding me? I think this is some kind of very bad joke. Yesterday I was by the pool!! I still have a sunburn on my lower back to prove it!! We got into JFK an hour or so late last night and were greeted by our friend SLEET. I was wearing yoga pants, a thin t-shirt and flip flops (plus a jean jacket). Why did my mom not teach me to dress properly!? Ridiculously stupid of me. To top this off, the taxi line was about 100 people long (about 1/2 hour).

Sleet + flip flops + long taxi line = BRRR

We finally made it to bed around 2:00am and woke up around 7. I worked from home in the morning today (from the comfort of my couch- hooray!) and tried to stay warm in my fuzzy slippers and favorite tshirt. On the menu for tonight: finding some good takeout for dinner (I'm exhausted, hungry, and our order from Fresh Direct isn't coming until at least 8:00pm), doing a massive amount of laundry and unpacking. My apartment is currently a disaster. Have I mentioned how I do not like messes?

Oh- to top all of this off. I had to go out to Connecticut today. My driver (I took a black car) decided to spend the entire trip (about an hour) talking about his sister and her seemingly crazy healing methods (which he claims work. Think magic energy machines that can tell over the phone what kind of illness you have. Yeah.). He started off the trip by saying, "Is your family healthy?". He dropped me off with these parting words: "I have to tell you, I've been staring at your eyes this whole trip. They are the most beautiful I've ever seen."

Weird compliments from strangers = creepy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well, at least your are timing your vacations well. it's BEAUTIFUL here! I'm in long sleves and sincerely hot. (60-68 degrees.) SO perfect. you will love it.

k. said...

That is SO nice. I love cool mountain air. I loved the afternoons when I could go up to Sundance in jeans and a sweatshirt and just wander. I love the crisp air (spring or fall, I suppose). Can't wait!

We still need to figure out an evening/morning/lunch to get together.

Unknown said...

My thoughts:
Snake Creek Grill take out Friday night (for Cole's sake) and eat/talk/etc. at our house.
or
we could get a babysitter and go to dinner Friday night.
or
Put together a picnic from Sundance deli and eat outside...Sat. afternoon (weather permitting).
or
Go to breakfast Friday or Saturday morning at Deer Valley.
or
I could make us breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What do you think? Email me.