Mar 9, 2007

Two very different dresses.


Here you go, Missy! This is the first dress that I bought- probably a little too casual for a "cocktail" night, but I loved it. It's really girlie & frilly. I don't have anything like it. I found it at Anthropologie (along with a cute pair of dangly light pink earrings to match), and bought a brown, short shrug at Banana to go with it. I'm going to wear nude sandals and call it an outfit!


I'm going to wear this dress (my great find at AT Loft) for our cocktail night. It's not as low as it looks on a hanger, promise. It's surprisingly flattering, perfectly modest and "just right" for what I was looking for. I haven't decided on the shoes yet... probably a pair of peep-toe black heels to dress it up a little bit.

Sorry for the low-budget pictures here. I couldn't find either dress online, but my shower curtain and living room hutch made decent backdrops.

4 comments:

Phil and Jan Hudson said...

I love them both! Easy to wear and so feminine - Can't wait to see them on you!

Missy said...

I love them too! Great pics Kathryn. I'm wanting both of them...
I think peep toe shoes will go perfect with the dress. I'm so excited for you! When do you leave?

k. said...

I'm happy about them. :) I was really stressed about finding something (I was having big issues with finding something compatible with garments...), so I'm glad it all worked out. I actually bought two dresses at AT Loft, but this is the one I'm going to wear next week. The other was just a cute dress for church, etc.

We leave tomorrow morning. I can't wait! It is grey and humid in NY today. I'm ready for the dry, warm air of AZ.

Unknown said...

Kathryn, I really love the first dress! I'm anxious to see how it looks with the shawl. (That could be inspiration for a whole new set of alternatives for the wardrobe: sleeveless dresses!)