Aug 6, 2007

Diamonds are a girl's BFF.


I used to not like diamonds very much. As a matter of fact, before we got engaged, I told Mike that I would be thrilled with a really pretty, wide band without any stones. I was 99.9% serious. Really. I just wasn't into jewelry that wasn't purchased at Brass Plum or somewhere equally inexpensive. Mike decided to not listen to me at all & proposed with a very beautiful ring that included a single diamond in a very simple setting. I loved it, & still do. This stone, I'm convinced, is to blame for my new-found appreciation for diamonds & all things pretty/sparkly.

Someday {like, maybe in 25 years}, I think something similar to this ring pictured would look very pretty on another finger... Am I being greedy or materialistic? I did say someday, and besides- it's Mike's fault.

6 comments:

Missy said...

That is a beautiful ring. I always told Devin I liked the little rows of diamonds, but he got me the one solitaire. I loved it (and still do), but those (the one pictured) always have a sophisticated touch to them, right?

k. said...

I like it too. I found it today & have been lusting after it. :) Someday. In the meantime, I absolutely love my engagement ring (a solitaire as well). Mike has good, classic taste. I think this is a right-hand ring... I'll keep dreaming.

Heidi said...

My wedding ring is a band of diamonds, I love it. It is about the same thickness as the one pictured. That is totally my taste.

Patrick&Kera said...

I could have cared less if I didn't get a ring with a diamond, I just wasn't into it ( I love my ring)
I just showed P this ring and he said that was the ring he wanted to get. . . It perty.

k. said...

Heidi, I've seen pictures of your wedding band (from a distance). It is BEAUTIFUL. I really like the style, too (and good for not poking your babies eyes out, when that day comes).

Missy said...

Heidi, random, but I think you have the same wedding band as my friend Lillie. I've only seen pictures of it when I blow up pictures on your blog, but they look SO similar.