Sep 13, 2007

9.11


My sister Joanna took these photographs on September 11th, 2006. I think they are so beautiful. Mike & I were talking last night & realized that for the first time, we didn't look at the lights. It was always so easy when we lived on Wall Street, just steps away from the WTC site. The lights each year are always so beautiful, so hopeful. We could have seen them right out of our apartment window on Tuesday, or gone up to the roof deck & had a spectacular view. But we were busy. And tired. I had just gotten back from Philadelphia & was spent. But still. I didn't take the time to remember, & I'm feeling guilty about that. So now, after talking to my office mate {my dear friend Wanda- love her} who was in the American Express tower right next door as the towers came down, I will remember.

No comments: