Sep 6, 2007

Worth the wait.


I really, really love these pants. Missy introduced them to me here, and being a connoisseur of all things comfy {I love sweatpants & yoga pants}, I knew I had to have them. It turned out to be quite the ordeal. Read carefully: After 2 weeks of waiting for my GAP order to arrive, I finally called customer service in desperation. They informed me that I had failed to change my address in my GAP account, & they were already shipped to my old apartment in New York. The package had been delivered & signed for, so it was up to me to track it down at the building. Here we go. I called my old Wall Street building, only to be informed that the package had been delivered to the "tenant". Uhm- I'm the tenant! Or at least the old one. The woman was not helpful. A follow up call yielded the discovery that the building's concierge desk had called UPS & had the package picked up for return. They told me to call UPS to track the package. 25 minutes later, the nice woman at UPS Customer Service let me know that the package had been sent to my forwarding address. I asked what the address that they had on record, & they proceeded to tell me that it was sent to "1675 [my Avenue]". Uhm- our street address is 1775 [my Avenue]. Problem. I googled "1675 [Ave]" to find that it was a big building {no surprise} with multiple apartments, a dentist, a dry cleaner & an ice cream shop. UPS told me that they would "research" & try to track it down, but that it might take several weeks. Sigh. When I asked for a UPS contact to follow up with on progress, they said that they could only communicate with GAP, since they are GAP's client & I am GAP's customer. So- I called GAP again {we're approaching an hour at least on the phone, at this point}. Lo & behold, I spoke with an angel in customer service. "This is ridiculous", was his response. His wonderful solution: He overnighted me a new separate pair, & said that he would take care of the UPS fiasco. I wish I remembered his name so that I could send him a thank you note.
.
It was quite the hassle for a pair of sweat pants, but oh man are they comfortable.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

O goodness I have had a few fiasco's like that. Glad you finally got your pants!

Missy said...

So glad you love them. They're my favorite and lately the only one's I've been wearing in the evening (perfect for fall don't you think?)

Tara Edwards said...

They are so cute! I might be going shopping...

Lindsey said...

they look so comfy! I think I need a pair. Glad you eventually got them. I love when you score nice/helpful customer service too. Go Gap. :)

Patrick&Kera said...

I have the PERFECT store for you... But I can't remember the name and will get back to you tomorrow. how's that for a comment :)

Anonymous said...

I had a small problem lookingat the photo accompanying this blog. I had just read Mike's comments above, and then scanned down, and started reading that HE really loves these pants. I had a flash-back to a recent bathroom stall experience I had in Minneapolis.

aSHleY said...

those pants do look worth the wait. I had a problem with UPS and a shipment from Polo. I was conviencd my neighbor had my package. Polo sent me a new item and 6 months later I found the old package on my balcony when moving out of my place. It turned out to be a pretty good deal for me, hopefully you get a second pair of these cozy pants.