Nov 14, 2007

Light.





This one, or this one? Or maybe neither?
.
Our bedside lamp {it was very cute.} died the other day. I'm pretty certain that it was an electrical problem {it kept making light bulbs explode}, & not worth fixing for a $50 lamp. So, now I'm shopping. I still don't want to spend a lot. West Elm & Pier 1 didn't have anything I loved. I thought these two might just work {keeping in mind that our bedding is green striped, although not quite this green}. But I don't know. I don't know where else to look.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Have you tried Target?

Missy said...

I like the one on the right. But, the green one might be cool - do you have green in your room? That might be a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

I love the one on the left! It's classy and design-y.

Target usually does have good bases.. and then you can get a beautiful shad from Anthropologie, for example, that you love. I've gone that route before too.

Maybe you could also try CB2?

k. said...

I tried Target, & CB2, and Pier 1, and West Elm. Some of them are just TOO modern. I called Crate & Barrel and they have the green in stock, so I might just go pick it up tonight and see if it works. Thanks for the vote of support, Kelli. I always second guess my taste, but always trust yours.

Tara Edwards said...

Did you look on Restoration Hardware? They have a cool looking glass bubble looking one that you could put a fun shade on. My friend is always sewing ric rac on her shades or ribbon to jazz them up. I would just be a little shy of getting a lamp base that sticks you to one color.