Feb 24, 2008

Weekend.

Fun, fun, fun. Tara & Susannah left this afternoon & I am thoroughly exhausted from so much fun. I promised myself that I would post pictures before they even land. Cupcakes, shopping, brunch, dinner at Tao, the 9/11 Museum, Century 21, battling for Wicked tickets, makeovers at Bloomingdales, watching the small dog run & associated social circles at Charls Schultz Park, lots of bread at The Vinegar Factory, Tara getting hit on by 25 year old boys, lots & lots of laughing... We had a really, really good time {& I hope it was worth their cross-country trip}.

.
We were lucky enough to get our 2nd snowfall of the season... a massive snorm, the morning that they arrived. They were unbelievably lucky to even get in. We braved sleet, snow & slush with smiles {mostly} throughout the day. Brr. I'm done with winter.
.
.
Breakfast at Norma's with lots of fresh OJ. My new obsession: the Blueberry Pancakes {with lots of cream}. Oh. My. Gosh.


Dinner at Tao. You can't quite make out the huge Buddha behind me. But it's huge.




.
Tara & I had several people point out to us that we look like sisters. I'm glad {lucky} that we do.

Makeovers at MAC's Fafi event at Bloomingdales Saturday morning. New obsession: Lipgloss in Sugar Trance.

.
The Oscar exhibit at Times Square, complete with real statues & even one we could hold.
.



.
The winners {awful, awful picture of me. My head looks like a bowling ball. Crap. But they would only allow 1 picture.}.
.
.
Dinner at Junior's in Grand Central Terminal {it was actually good}. The burgers were huge. The shakes were yummy.

WICKED! We waited in line for an hour & a half. We negotiated {sort of} with scalpers {nice ones}. I will gladly see it for the 4th time the next time someone comes to visit. Love this show so much. I'm so glad that Tara & Susannah got to see it. Definitely made the weekend.



7 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't know what you are talking about you look great in every single picture. I could show you a real bowling ball head these days...

And all that food! Yum! I want to go to NYC.

Jan said...

Thank you! I've been checking your blog every hour all afternoon....just waiting.....You ALL look fabulous and SO happy- What a wonderful weekend you had!!!!!I can't wait to hear more, of course.

Kera said...

Count us in for Wicked when we make our visit to New York. I can still remember how I felt when I first heard Defying gravity and Popular. I love the theatre.

Kellie said...

Looks like it was so much fun!

Tara Edwards said...

I'm exhaused just reading about it! Thank you thank you thank you! We had SOOOOO much fun. I'll make that flight any time.

Joanna said...

I'm jealous! I've never seen Wicked... ): Or done any of that cool New York stuff! I know, I know... it's my own fault. I need to come. Can't wait to see you this weekend! We could go to Hale Center Theater if you want! ;)

suz said...

THANK YOU so much! We had Soooooo much fun and I woke up this morning singing Popular in my head! I can't even begin to say how grateful I am that you opened your home to me. It was so wonderful to meet you in person - your all that and more! Thank you Tara for allowing me to come along on your visit. I had so much fun and still have a smile on my face!!!! Thank you!