Apr 11, 2008

I might just sort of maybe kind of have a problem.

At least I'm self aware.
.
I don't think I'm allowed to buy shoes, lipgloss or MAC eyeshadow for a while.
.
I promise I'm not shallow. I have more depth to me than maybe my girlie blogging tendencies often suggest. I really do a lot of things besides shop. But - the silver shoes are my recent favorites {& they are so comfortable & go with everything}. The green mary jane's just went on sale. I want them, too. But I can't. I'm not sure who to blame my issue on. Maybe my early exposure to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale started prematurely. Like a baby who eats peanuts too early & develops an allergy. Maybe my early exposure had the opposite effect. Hmm.
.
Oh- & with or without my messed up pinkie toe, I think I am a flats girl at heart. I really, really love cute flats or low wedges. In the winter, with tights. In the summer, with brightly painted toes. I still love my heels though. Especially the pink ones I wore to my wedding. Loved all 5 inches of them.
.
Have I mentioned I can't wait for summer? Or at least spring {my favorite season in NYC}.

8 comments:

Jan said...

When I lose my recently acquired baggage of some unmentionable # of pounds, I want you to be in charge of a makeover for your old mum. It would be fun to see if anything could be done..........I feel kind of hopeless, but when I see your darling fashion blogs it stirs my soul......I feel like a big bag of flour in a white and red sack. Change would be so welcome!

Kellie said...

I would never think of you and shallow together! You are just great at finding desirable things.

Lula. said...

I love the yellow ones. ...and no, you are not shallow, just stylish. BIG difference.

Missy said...

Totally agree with Lauren, just stylish!

Are they all from JCrew? So so so cute.

Alissa said...

Fun, fun, fun. I have ALWAYS envied your closet since we have been friends. You seem to get all of the necessities and the fashion must haves. But, I NEVER thought what you had was excessive or shallow, just good taste and variety. I really need to go shopping with you to accomplish a "well rounded" closet.

Kera said...

I happen to LOVE your "girlie" blogs!

eyre blog said...

So I don't know yet if it's a problem or just lack of experience but when it comes to shopping I am just awkward. Kristi+shopping=awkward. I love when you said, "was it your red or off white sweater you wore last Sunday?" Now that it's getting warmer I'm freaking out because I can't rotate my 2 sweaters anymore! And do you think that maybe I should put the crocs aside for a day and venture out. Please can we go shopping one day?

Lindsey said...

I think you have good tates and love seeing the girlie posts! I am also a flats kind of girl (especially in the city) and I especially love the yellow ones too.