Apr 10, 2008

Sophomore year begins...

This is me... if I had glasses or could grow decent facial hair.
.
As I close in on 30 (only 3 birthdays away), life seems to be looming. Am I goal-oriented enough? Is my 401k sufficiently funded? Is my hairline receding? Are my abs still rock hard? Am I in a career that I'm "passionate" about? Have I found my life calling?
.
We enter life completely innocent and start asking questions off the bat. As we age, the questions only get bigger. At some point I'm sure I'll reach a stage of clarity in which I'll stop asking the fatalistic, less meaningful, "what if" questions and start focusing on what truly matters... but for now, I need to know... Am I too old to play Halo?

3 comments:

Jan said...

I've been missing your blogs Mike.....and just today thought that perhaps you might use this wonderful occasion of your birthday to reappear and bless us with your sagacity and wit. I remember the first few years of our marriage I felt like we were almost playing at life. It was only after we started our family that it became"real".

suz said...

Just wait until your 3 b-day's away from 40! I can't even bring myself to write the next b-day I am 3 b-day's away from - it is frightining to say the least.

Kellie said...

You're never too old to play Halo as long as you can accept 6 year olds kicking your butt and trash talking you the whole way. This was a big pill for me too swallow as evidenced by the fact that I haven't played since I was about 27 (now 29, and it still hurts). Now I prefer rock band where I pretend I'm a star. Happy 27!

Cheers, Jason