May 22, 2008

The answer was "yes".

Mike's BFF Ryan proposed to the lovely Whitney last night on the Brooklyn Bridge. Mike & I tried our best to blend in as tourists with a big camera lens so that we could sneak some pictures of the moment for them. It was a miracle that Whitney never saw us, & even cooler that the zoom lens on our new camera is so ridiculous. It was even cooler that the wind gusts & rain stopped about 15 minutes before they reached the bridge & it ended up being pretty downright beautiful. It was not so cool that there was a huge crowd of people blocking them when he was down on one knee. Oh well- we replicated the moment later for the camera. Congrats to Ryan & Whitney. We think they're great & here's a few of our favorite photos out of the 137 that we took.


.
I had camera #2, taking a picture of Mike who was taking pictures of Ryan & Whitney {on the right "hiding" from Whitney}. Like I said, miracle. She never saw us until Ryan pointed us out.
.

.
She said yes.
.

.
And the ring is just maybe absolutely gorgeous.
.

.
Happy, I think..

..


.

.
I think it's really cool that Ryan & Whitney have their spot now {especially since they are moving to LA}. Mike & I have a spot, too- where he proposed, at the lake, on the fire pit that my dad created with his bare hands. It's special.
.
But enough about us. Yay for Whitney & Ryan. So happy, & so happy to have our camera just in time.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I don't even know them and I'm excited for them! Fun you got to be apart of it all.

Jan said...

You captured their happiness perfectly - How fun!

Missy said...

Such great photos Kathryn! They are a beautiful couple. And nice try, you don't even look pregnant in the photos below. At all. Totally cute with that adorable white bag.