Jun 27, 2008

Philharmonic @ the park.

.
Mike & I went to Central Park on Tuesday night to listen to the New York City Philharmonic along with 60,000 (!) of our fellow New Yorker's (in addition to the good friends that joined us).
.
.
Cara & Bryan came in from New Canaan.
..
.
The crowd filled the Great Lawn. We were lucky to get great seats (by getting there a few hours early).
.

.
Julia & Caitlin - cute (pregnant) friends. My dress makes me look like I'm in their club (& clearly, going without eyeliner is a very bad idea for me).

Beautiful evening, beautiful sky. Rainy afternoon (we got lucky).

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

did a boy named august rush compose something for it. and then a mom and dad get reunited because of the concert???? That would be really cool if that happened.

Missy said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot to say that my brother went to this same concert. You guys were both there! He said it was amazing.

You look so pretty in the picture with your friends.

Lindsey said...

What a fun night! Cute pictures too. When I was an intern in NYC, I went to an open-air concert in Bryant Park. It was so perfect.

Kellie said...

These posts really make me miss both you and NY.

PS - I think you look beautiful without eye liner.

Joanna said...

Very cute pictures. I love outdoor concerts!

Kera said...

i recognize your shirt/sweaterish thing and am sad i didn't purchase that color, along with 3 more of the same thing :)

Kera said...

ps: i love the pictures of you and mike at the top... soooo very cute. i really like your swoop bangsies.

Heidi said...

Gorgoeus evening! I love stuff like that. You actually look great without (and with) eyeliner I think. I think one of those girls you were with went to my same elementary school. Ha ha random.

k. said...

Which one Heidi? Caitlin or Julia (they both grew up in Utah- I always forget their high schools though)?

Heidi said...

Okay good thing I came back to check this comment! it's the brunette (Caitlin?). and it was just elementary school. Then I moved to a different school district. She was not my age but I still remember her face! Ask her if she went to Rosslyn Heights ;-)