Jan 16, 2009

More from Mike's iPhone.


Mike sat in a conference room & watched the plane literally float down the river, right past his office, eventually making it down to the World Financial Center where it sat bumping up against the wall. I still can't believe that everyone got out, especially the babies & children. I was running an errand in midtown-west last, just a few avenues away from where the plane went down, & it was cold - one of those ridiculous NYC days where it hurts to breathe & you can taste the humidity. I was freezing in my 4 layers (yes, four.), hat & gloves. I can't imagine having to stand in that water, waiting to be rescued.

Thank goodness for miracles (& for a former fighter pilot being in control).

3 comments:

Jill said...

WOW

chelsea mckell said...

When I saw this on the news here, I thought, “I bet Kathryn will say something about it on her blog.” Thanks for not letting me down :) It’s always more interesting to get an insider’s point of view. It’s a good thing no one was hurt, otherwise you’d have a lot of people wanting to take out the entire population of birds.

There were BABIES on board?! ohhhh that hurts to think about.

erin said...

you read my mind in thinking about the babies and children. this pilot will be remembered in heaven for his actions. i'm so relieved that this story (so far) has a good ending.