Mar 27, 2009

Are you ready for this?

Last night I had a dream that I was in high school & working for my dad at his office, & I took a quick break to go to Barnes & Noble to buy a new book & also to find out where exactly Nova Scotia is (?), & the guy at the information desk was John Mayer, & he asked for my number & then proceeded to stalk me. So I went down to Texas, where I had suddenly turned into Melissa Rycroft, & I was a cheerleader with really bad highlights at some college, & then I got a new studio apartment that happened to be on Priest Lake, except Priest Lake was more like the ocean with big crashing waves, & my studio apartment happened to be a little house with 5 bedrooms that my family (who happened to be inside) kept fighting over. Oh, & the house was literally ON Priest Lake, like on stilts, except there wasn't a bridge to get to the house so you had to wade through the crashing waves (Priest Lake = ocean, remember) to get through the front door, & since I was carrying my camera & two extra lenses, I was sort of freaking out, & the water kept getting into my camera & I was scared that I it was getting ruined. 

Then I woke up. 

Translation: 
  1. They're doing construction on 86th Street right now for a few new luxury buildings (condos) & are putting a Barnes & Noble on the 1st floor of one in particular. This means that we will have three Barnes & Nobles with in a three block radius. THREE. Massive, huge bookstores. The Upper East Side must be full of bookworms. 
  2. Have you seen the photos of John Mayer in a mankini/sling? A la Borat? I won't link it for fear of offending my mother & such, but it's an image that sorts of sticks with you.
  3. I'm excited for upcoming travels. 
  4. I must make an appointment today to get my hair colored. Two-inch roots aren't pretty.
  5. I miss Priest Lake (+ my family). 
  6. We're apartment shopping. I would sort of love to have a guest bedroom + an office + a backyard for barbecuing & what not. Is that so much to ask?
  7. I've maybe been watching Dancing With the Stars. I secretly like it, & I hope that Melissa wins. Take that, Jason (idiot). 
  8. I'm really, really wanting a new lens for my camera. I have my heart set on one, but it will take some saving of pennies before I take the plunge (with Mike's full support).

4 comments:

erin said...

a mankini/sling? that's sort of a WORD that sticks with you. no images needed.

bravo.

Elizabeth said...

Or you just have crazy dreams.

Jan said...

Love it - all of it......I don't need a picture to imagine the mankini.....you're right. Did you wake up exhausted?

Unknown said...

Whew! Did you wake up tired? Sometimes I wake up tired when I dream like that :)