Mar 29, 2009

Carl Schurz Park.


Friday's notable happenings: 
  • It was 65 degrees. I left my sunglasses at home (bad idea).
  • Given weather conditions, we (friends Suzi, Erin & Julia + relevant offspring) met at our neighborhood Carl Schurz Park (home of Gracie Mansion) to soak up some Vitamin D & take in the scenic views of the East River. 
  • Little Will was initially uncertain about the scratchy green substance on the ground. City kids... 
  • Erin found a used prophylactic just out of reach of our blanket (gross). 
  • Will decided Friday was a good day to stand up on his own. 
  • Will + Fox learned to fly. 
I'd like to have another Friday soon. Today? Cold + rainy. A total white-out, actually. The view outside our 29th floor window is absolutely white. We can't see anything. We're in the middle of a cloud. It makes me feel a little bit cloudy. I'm wishing for sun. 

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love that park. It was really such a nice day.

Julia said...

Friday was nice, today is yucky. I can't see the street 24 stories below my apartment (I don't think I could handle London or Seattle, rainy+fog=gloomy).

Suzi said...

It was such a great day-we need another one soon!

erin said...

more picnics. this made me really, really excited for springtime. and summertime. we should do this everyday.