Mar 29, 2009

Brooklyn Flea.

Yesterday was supposedly the last Saturday day of the Brooklyn Flea Market, so off we (friend Erin + me) went. The beautiful news? They've announced that it will continue in DUMBO until April 12th, & then on Saturdays in Fort Greene for the rest of the year. It's one of my new favorite places, so I'm just tickled pink that I'll get to go often without breaking any commandments. 

I found a few little treasures & loved being there all over again. 

These reminded me of, well, my bookshelf. My button box evolved last year into a button jar, & really - I think it's quite pretty. My jar is overflowing though, so I'm the search of a bigger jar. I have a lot of buttons. My button jar also happens to be sitting in the same bookshelf as my porcelain piggy bank. I'd like to turn my piggy grey instead of green. On the agenda this week: Piggy Makeover. 

Lots of vintage.

I laughed out loud. (I have another photo of a tshirt for the Palin Institute for Abstinence with a drawing a pregnant teenager on it, but I suppose it isn't nice to make fun of minors who have made poor choices.) 

My new vintage bling. Real diamonds? Real pearls? OH, OF COURSE! 


Miss Amy herself talked me into taking her Pear Preserves home. They might just barely beat out Sarah Beth's Orange Apricot Marmalade for the #1 place for fruit preserves in my heart. So, so good (I topped an English Muffin with about 4 tablespoons this afternoon) & she makes them at her home on Long Island her very own self. She said that sometimes that Pear Preserves don't even make it to the market because her family insists on keeping the batch at home. It's that good. I promise. 

Strawberry Cream cupcakes from Kumquat. I really, really need to have a cupcake party so that I can order three dozen of these puppies (especially those of the honey + peanut butter + banana variety). Oh, & Erin ate one with bacon on it. A BACON cupcake. I dared her. She ate it (& said it was okay). My picture turned out blurry. Blast. 

Limeade. 

My favorite little purchase for myself. It's a key chain. From Bonbon Oiseau. I'd buy everything from their collection if I could. 

Other favorites? McClure's Pickles (I'll pick up a jar next time), Cards by Chelleline, Jessica DeCarlo Jewelry, Fine & Raw Chocolate, & Charlie & Sarah

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sad I missed out. I want to go for sure when I get back from Az. You got some good stuff my friend.

erin said...

great, great fun. and excellent photos.

i decided i'm never wasting my calories on a bacon cupcake again, but those kumquats may win first place in my cupcake race... let's lead a field trip to 'baked by melissa' this week.

Missy said...

Those necklaces by Bonbon Oiseau are GORGEOUS. Love the keychain too. It sounds like a perfectly laid back weekend.

dad said...

Did you mention somewhere that DUMBO is down under the manhattan bridge overpass? I'm such a New Yorker at heart! (or maybe everyone knows that)

Bri said...

That's it. I want to move to NY.

p.s. That limeade looks so, so good,

eyre blog said...

thanks for taking advantage of NY for me and everyone else. i love your updates.