Apr 24, 2009

We had some time to kill.

We headed down to Clinton Street Baking Co. this morning for breakfast & were not surprised that there was a 30+ minute wait. We decided to occupy ourselves with the wall across the street.

I really love graffiti.

While Andrew was taking the photo of me sitting down in the doorway, Josh Lucas (Anyone? Anyone? Sweet Home Alabama? A Beautiful Mind?) walked by with his dog. I guess I was sort of blocking the sidewalk, & he glared while looking directly into my eyes. His dog was cute.

Oh - & it's a good thing that you can't click & enlarge the first photo, otherwise you'd see that my eyes look crazy.


Today's Mileage: 6.57 miles. Central Park Reservoir loop (x2) + bridal path.
Strange (Gross) Occurrences: A bird pooped on me. On my shoulder. It was green. And - don't be totally disgusted - but in a moment of utter desperation, I learned how to blow a snot rocket. I felt so much better afterwards. I can't wait for the day when I can breathe through my nose again. Oh - & I inhaled a blowing blossom & almost threw up.
Thoughts: I love living & breathing New York City every day (today the park smelled like blossoms, so it was especially nice to breathe it). When I run through Central Park, I feel like I belong here, like I'm actually part of a community. You can't experience that when you're just visiting for the weekend. I love LIVING here.

14 comments:

Missy said...

Cute graffiti photos!

Totally know Josh Lucas (did you realize it was him that quick? or did it take you until he passed?)

What is that tasty treat you ate?

Unknown said...

The ones of just you are amazing. I hope they quickly become some sort of profile pic. So artsy.

Did you know Brad used to be a graffiti "artist"? I think it sort of comes with the skateboarding past. I like graffiti too.

Unknown said...

p.s. How often do you have to trim your bangs? They always look just right. I'm learning (remembering now) how fast they grow!

k. said...

M, I totally knew it was him, & was trying to get my brother (who had the camera) to take a photo - but he didn't know who it was. I was like, "AHHH!! Andrew!!! Be discreet!!!" & he just didn't get it, didn't understand that it was a celebrity. Dang.

K, I have found 2 salons close by that I can just run into & have them trim them for $5-$10. There's a fine line between just right & too long, right? I just had them trimmed this week. They were LONG.

k. said...

Oh - & those are pancakes, Missy. Blueberry. Best in the city. Maybe EVER (sorry, Mom).

Jill said...

i love the picture of you sitting down. cute.

and josh lucas is cute. i loved him in sweet home alabama.

Jennifer said...

Man, you are doing (and eating) some fun things as of late! I'm jealous. Have you been to the Frick yet? That's one of our favorites--maybe I've already told you that?

Did I tell you I made your s'mores dessert? It was divine and I almost ate the entire thing by myself.

Jennifer said...

Oh, and I think that picture of you in the graffiti doorway is the best. Put it up in your apt somewhere.

erin said...

really love your graffiti shots... especially you sitting in the doorway. cute. and are those the jeans? they were a good decision.

i'm having unholy thoughts about those pancakes... give me strength. they are the BEST i've ever, ever had. gah. must go back. soon.

Suzi said...

The picture of you sitting down is so perfect! And yeah-what are the pants? Good decision indeed.

Genevieve said...

I love these pics. So cute!
I also love your blog :)

Heidi said...

Great photos! I love Sweet Home Alabama...

I remember feeling that same way about London, very grateful I could experience it as a person who lived there vs. a tourist. Even though I only lived there 4 months, I still felt so local ;-)

Sine family said...

Those pancakes look delicious.

PS did you know that if a bird poops on you it is good luck? At least that is what I heard. :)

Lizzie said...

You look so cute. I love your outfit.