Apr 23, 2009

Why hello, Ms. Lady Liberty.

I think you're quite pretty - especially up close - so I may have taken a few photos, from a few angles, just in case, & then I couldn't decide which one I liked best. 


Give me your tired, your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door

(Emma Lazarus)

Today's Mileage: 4 miles, on the treadmill.
Thoughts: I really, really didn't want to run today. But I did. Even though (brother) Andrew & his friend are in town, even though I've had a head cold for the past 10 days that won't go away (I was drinking snot for 4 miles - gross), & even though I'm on this really fantastic run of total insomnia (anyone up for some late night gChatting?). And - after deciding that I should do a 100+ calf raises in my laundry room last night while waiting for my spin cycle to end, I'm really sore today as it is. But I ran. Even if it was only 4 miles. And I'm complaining, yes.
Motivation: The man on the treadmill next to me was old. Very, very old & sort of fragile looking, really. But he ran longer than me (we started at the same time) & was way faster. I only made it as far as I did thanks to pure pride. Whatever works, right?

13 comments:

Heather said...

I love this post. Wish I were there...

Jan said...

What a totally awesome way to spend your day - I saw a FaceBook entry from Conner.... "New YorkCity Rocks"! How wonderful that you are able to show these guys around....I'm sure you're going to walk their legs off!

Heidi said...

That quote always reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...

So have you ever thought about not going back to work for the corporate world and doing something more creative? Something involving photography perhaps? I think you would be great in an editorial environment.

Missy said...

Good run K. I like the updates. And love these photos. And where is your hoodie from? And I love that your mom is on Facebook!

Unknown said...

I ditto Missy. The updates are especially fun. And I want that hoodie. I've had hoodies on the brain this week..

Lula. said...

Wow. Stunning photos.

And way to go on your running.

Katherine said...

Great pictures, I want to come back! Good job on the running you are keeping me motivated. I am doing a half marathon in a month from today...gulp...

erin said...

pretty pictures. you had a full, full day yesterday. i bet a poo diaper was just what you needed to help unwind... am i right?

Jill said...

Nice work on the pictures! Looks like it was a perfect day to see Ms. Liberty.

Kera said...

pretty pix. pretty you.

Bri said...

Way awesome photos. How do you get the rounded corners on them? Do you photoshop them like that? I like it.

k. said...

Thanks friends. :)

Heidi - I wouldn't even know where to start, seriously. Editorial? Like for a newspaper? I feel like I need to go to school or something so that I can get really, really good. Maybe I'll do that someday.

Sweatshirt is from Anthropologie.

Rounded edges are super easy - via either PhotoShop or PhotoBucket. I totally copied my friend Erin P. on that one. I like them.

Heidi said...

Editorial- newspapers (online?), magazines, freelance, tourism blogs, etc. You really have a talent!