May 16, 2009

70th & 5th.


Erin, Lizzie & I visited The Frick Collection on Friday afternoon. The museum was really nice - beautiful actually (+ manageable in size, & spectacular in architecture) - but I think next up on my list is to take an Art History course somewhere. Or at the very least I should read this book that I picked up a few years ago, just for fun. How is it that I never, ever took a humanities class at BYU (political science + history instead, I suppose). Sad, actually. 

And my bag - the bulging one? That's probably why my back hurts all of the time. Oops. Maybe carrying my camera everywhere I go isn't such a great idea.

After museum-ing, we stopped in to Lady M for two slices (shared) of the most wonderful cake. Strawberry Shortcake + Checkered (chocolate). Yum. Everything they make really is exquisite. I know that's a prissy word, but the place actually is quite prissy (& filled with lots of Gossip Girl-esque high school girls with their mini skirts, knee highs & BlackBerries). $8 for a piece of cake really is worth it every so often.

Did I mention that yesterday was an almost-perfect day? 75 degrees. A little humid (see frizzy hair for proof), but otherwise just spectacular.

Oh - & the last photo (the sort of fuzzy one - sorry)? I want to live in that brownstone. I do. It's on 78th street, & so beautiful. The (possibly fake?) flowers?! Wow. I guess that when we move to the neighborhood I'll just covet it on a more frequent basis. 

6 comments:

Jill said...

looks like a fun day!

Unknown said...

I am a very big fan of the Frick for those reasons. So excited for you to move closer!

erin said...

thanks for the culture and fine foods. i felt very upper east siderish.

Heidi said...

Funny- humanities type classes are pretty much the only classes I took at BYU! And I loved every second.

I like your yellow top.

I want to go to the Frick.

Kera said...

i am still sad i didn't purchase the blue.

Elizabeth said...

the friend on the left looks like she could be your cute trendy sister.. I am jealous..